Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins their first tournament game in school history. They previously lost to Wisconsin in the 2007 First Round and Texas Southern in the 2022 First Four.
With Texas A&M-Corpus Christi winning their first tournament game, it is the 7th consecutive tournament that a team got their first tournament win. In each of the prior 6 tournaments, at least two teams won their first tournament game.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi's 75 points is their most in their 3 tournament games. Their previous high was 67 against Texas Southern in the 2022 First Four.
Southeast Missouri State is now 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament.
Pitt wins their first tournament game since 2014.
With Pitt's win over Mississippi State, ACC teams are now 5-1 in First Four games.
- 2023 - Pitt 60 Mississippi State 59
- 2022 - Notre Dame 89 Rutgers 87
- 2018 - Syracuse 60 Arizona State 56
- 2017 - Kansas State 95 Wake Forest 88
- 2014 - North Carolina State 74 Xavier 59
- 2011 - Clemson 70 UAB 52
- UCLA and Western Kentucky - 10 coaches with a win
- Ohio State - 9 coaches
- Michigan, Iowa State, Marquette and Pitt - 8 coaches
Post a Comment